Following these 3 simple steps, you will make your new tap to perform its true potential.
Step 1: The reason to know the water pressure.
Step 2: How do you find out your water pressure?
2.1 Combination Boiler (Combi Boiler)
- Generally installed in your kitchen near where the cold mains water enters your property.
- Water pressure will typically be between 1-2 bar.
Unvented Water Cylinder (System Boiler)
- Can be installed anywhere (garage, airing or storage cupboard).
- Typically indirectly heated by a boiler or solar panels, or directly fueled by electricity, gas or oil.
- In this 2 situations, you just need to buy a normal tap. Most taps will fit for your water pressure system.
2.2 Gravity System (Regular Boiler)
- Cold water tank usually in the loft.
- Hot water cylinder usually in airing cupboard upstairs.
- Commonly, the water pressure on the first floor will be 0.2 bar or less. On the ground floor there is a possibility the water pressure could be 0.5 bar.
- Under this situation ,you will need to buy the taps for low water pressure system. Please kindly noted.
At last, if you are still unsure about your water pressure, a plumber will be able to have a look and tell you.
Step 3: Which taps or shower will you need for your system?
If you use a combination or system boiler, it can typically work well with any tap or shower that you desire.At Hapilife Taps we have a wide selection of 0.5 bar~3 bar water pressure taps and showers.If you use a regular boiler(Gravity System),you should pay more attention to select a tap>